How do I get a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA)?

For FEMA to remove a structure from the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) through the LOMA process, Federal regulations require the lowest ground touching the structure, also known as the Lowest Adjacent Grade (LAG) elevation, to be at or above the Base Flood Elevation (BFE). But how do I get a LOMA?


The first step is to compile all the information that FEMA will require for its review. You’ll need to provide certified elevations of the structure. This is usually provided on an elevation certificate or elevation form. The elevations must be certified by a state licensed land surveyor or professional engineer. You’ll also need a recorded deed or plat that legally describes the property, a parcel or tax map showing the property boundary, and the required federal application forms. Additional items like a site plan or aerial imagery are also beneficial. And certain structure types such as a condominium will also require a declaration of condominium deed.


The three ways to submit the request to FEMA are by mail, online, or eLOMA. A special certification is required to submit using eLOMA. For more information about a LOMA, or to request that MassiveCert submit a LOMA or eLOMA request to FEMA on your behalf, please visit